Questions for your vet
Before you visit the vet, you might want to make a note of these questions to ask. These will help you to better understand the condition and treatment options for your pet.
1. What are the treatment options for a pet with arthritis?
- Ask about the role nutrition may play and how Hill’s Prescription Diet Mobility food works
- Ask what the long-term side effects of using anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs) or painkillers are.
- Ask whether it’s likely that you could reduce the NSAID usage if feeding the right food
- Because Prescription Diet Mobility food contains Glucosamine and Chondroitin (G&C), ask whether it is necessary to supplement with extra G&C supplements.
2. What role does excess weight play on joint problems?
- Ask about Hill’s Prescription Diet Metabolic + Mobility, suitable for overweight pets suffering from joint issues
- Ask what exercise would be suitable for your pet without adversely affecting your pet’s joint health.
3. How many days it will take before you’ll see a difference in your pet’s mobility?
- Ask for specific signs to look out for and how to monitor your pet’s progress
4. Ask about any specific nutritional concerns you may have.
- Ask how you may transition successfully to the new food.
- Ask whether it’s safe to feed your other pets too.
- Ask whether Hill’s Prescription Diet Mobility food can be mixed with other foods.