Hill's Pet Nutrition South Africa (Proprietary) Limited ("Hill's"), maintains this Internet site as a service to the Internet community. The content (images and text), placed by Hill's or any of its group related companies, including its holding company, Colgate-Palmolive Company, are copyrighted. The brand names, logos, labels and package designs ("trademarks") that appear on this site belong to Hill's and/or any of its group related companies and/or its licensors where noted. By placing these trademarks on the site, Hill's is not granting a license to use or reproduce them. Marking of trademarks denotes Hill's trademark ownership status in the Republic of South Africa or in another relevant jurisdiction as the case may be. Status and markings of trademarks may vary by country. You may download the content in this site only for your personal, non-commercial use. The content may not be otherwise copied and may not be modified.
Hill's will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, but makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy or completeness and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law Hill's disclaims all warranties, conditions and other terms relating to this website and its contents, including any warranties, conditions and terms which may be implied and whether relating to quality, fitness for purpose, title, non-infringement or otherwise.
In no event shall Hill's be liable (whether for breach of contract, negligence or for any other reason) for any loss of profits, exemplary or special damages, loss of sales, loss of revenue, loss of any software or data, loss of use of computer equipment, software or data, loss of or waste of management or other staff time or for any indirect, consequential or special loss, however arising.
For the sake of clarity, Hill's shall not be liable for damages of any kind arising out of your inability to access a Hill's maintained site or your reliance on the information on the site.
Clicking on certain links within www.hillstransforminglives.co.za and other domains owned and operated by Hill's or other members of the Hill's group of related companies will take you into other web sites for which hillstransforminglives.co.za and other domains owned and operated by Hill's or other members of the Hill's group of related companies will take no responsibility.
Any non-personal information, communications or material you send to www.hillstransforminglives.co.za and other domains owned and operated by Hill's or other members of the Hill's group of related companies or to Hill's by Internet electronic mail are on a non-confidential basis. We are free to use and reproduce any such information freely, and for any purpose whatsoever. Specifically, we will be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose, including developing, manufacturing and/or marketing products. Any information you send to www.hillstransforminglives.co.za and other domain owned and operated by Hill's or other members of the Hill's group of related companies must be truthful, and not violate the rights of others and be legal.
Hill's reserves the right to withdraw products referred to in www.hillstransforminglives.co.za and other domain owned and operated by Hill's or other members of the Hill's group of related companies and to change this legal statement at any time, without notice.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT? WHAT DO WE DO WITH IT?
Information that can identify an on-line visitor is collected only when voluntarily offered. Except as specifically stated herein and where an on-line visitor’s consent has been obtained for another purpose, we collect identifiable information only to respond to our visitors' questions about our Company and its products and services, to mail out Company literature, e.g., brochures, or to contact the winners of contests or promotions. We don't use your e-mail address and/or other personal information for any purpose other than responding to your request or message, save as specifically stated herein and where an on-line visitor’s consent has been obtained for another purpose. We don't use it internally, and we don't share it with anyone outside the Hill's group of related companies, other than as specifically set forth herein. There may be occasions where Hill’s will in its sole discretion, share certain pet stories provided to it from time to time on this site, from an on-line visitor (which may include the on-line user’s name, pet name and/or location). Such disclosure will not occur unless the consent of the relevant on-line visitor has been duly provided to Hill’s, in accordance with the consent and on-line testimonial release section below.
When you visit our site, we automatically log your IP address (the unique address, which identifies your computer on the internet), which is automatically recognized by our web server. We use IP addresses to help us administer the site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Our site sometimes includes information about sweepstakes or other promotions that Hill's is offering or is offering jointly with another Internet enterprise, and in some cases, we may allow you to enter electronically. If that occurs, Hill's and/or our authorized representatives will use the information you provide for the purpose of conducting the promotion (for example, to contact you if you have won) and with your consent, to offer you products and services of Hill's and our joint sweepstakes sponsors. In addition, we may also collect demographic and other data for market research, advertising and promotional purposes.
As part of the services offered to you through our site, the information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside of the Republic of South Africa (“RSA”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the RSA or one of our service providers is located in a country outside of the RSA. We also share information between our group related companies, which are located in countries worldwide, including Hill's Pet Nutrition Inc. of the United States of America. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the RSA.
Like many other companies, Hill's uses "cookie" technology, where our servers deposit special codes on a visitor's computer. This information helps us determine the total number of visitors to our site on an ongoing basis and identify the type of Internet browsers (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer) and operating systems (e.g., Windows, Macintosh, etc.) used by our visitors. This information is used only to improve our web site and to enhance your on-line visit. Under no circumstances does Hill's use this information to identify visitors or cross-reference the information with any type of personal information that is voluntarily offered on our site.
CONSENT WITH PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
I hereby voluntarily give my consent to the processing of my personal data in the following extent: (i) name, (ii) surname, (iii) e-mail address, (iv) videos, photos and/or images and (v) location (“Personal Data”) for the period of 5 (five) years to Hill's. as a controller of my Personal data and to other members of the Hill's group of related companies, in particular by collecting of the data, data storing, selecting and saving by usage of manual and automatic means.
The consent to the processing of my Personal Data may be revoked by me at any time upon a written notification delivered to Hill’s. I have the right to request information on processing of my Personal Data and Hill’s shall provide me with such information without undue delay.
Hill’s acknowledges that it is bound by applicable law to keep personal information confidential and to protect such information, and it is committed to conducting its business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
ON-LINE TESTIMONIAL RELEASE
I hereby freely give and grant Hill’s, and its other members of the Hill's group of related companies, and their respective assignees, licensees, successors in interest, agents, and legal representatives (herein collectively the "Licensed Parties"), the right to use, publish and copyright my name, name of my pet, testimonial statements, and/or any photos, videotapes and other electronic and/or digital likenesses or images of me and/or my pet(s) (such photos, videotapes or electronic and/or digital likenesses or images are hereafter collectively referred to as "Images"), which have been submitted by me online this date via Hill’s web site, for unlimited worldwide usage in all media and types of advertising and promotion of Hill's™ brand pet foods.
I agree that the Licensed Parties will have the right to attribute such submitted testimonial statements (or statements in different words which have substantially the same meaning) to me, which I hereby certify is an expression of my personal experience and belief.
I further certify that: (a) any submitted Images are solely of me and/or my pets, and do not include the likeness or image of any other person or of pets not owned by me; (b) such Images are owned by me; and (c) that I am 18 years of age or older and have full authority to grant the rights to Licensed Parties as referenced above. I agree and understand that Images submitted by me shall become the property of the Licensed Parties and will not be returned to me.
I agree that no advertisement or other materials need be submitted to me for any further approval prior to Licensed Parties' use.
I hereby release and discharge Licensed Parties from any and all claims, debts, demands, actions or causes of actions, suits, sums of money, damages, and liabilities of whatsoever kind or nature, which have arisen or may arise as a result of Licensed Parties' exercise of the rights I've granted to them as set forth herein. I further agree that I shall keep the Licensed Parties harmless and shall indemnify the Licensed Parties from and against all costs, expenses and liabilities incurred by Licensed Parties in connection with the defense of any claim or claims on account thereof, including reasonable attorney's fees.
Nothing herein will constitute any obligation on the Licensed Parties to make any use of any of the rights set forth herein. For the sake of clarity, Hill's reserves the right to withdraw any content referred to on www.hillstransforminglives.co.za and other domain owned and operated by Hill's or other members of the Hill's group of related companies, without notice.
TRANSFORMING LIVES TESTIMONIAL COMPETITION (the “Competition”)
PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This Competition starts 1 June 2017 and ends 31 December 2017 (“the Competition Period”)
- The Competition is open to residents of the Republic of South Africa and Namibia over the age of 18 years old. Employees of Hill’s, its affiliates and any of the agencies or companies associated with this Competition, including their immediate families may upload testimonials but are not eligible for prizes.
- You can gain an entry into the Competition (“Participant”) every time you:
- submit your story;
- share your story (1 entry for a share on Facebook, 1 entry for a share on Twitter and/or 1 entry for a share via email);
- share a story you like (1 entry for a share on Facebook, 1 entry for a share on Twitter and/or 1 entry for a share via email); or
- get a friend to submit a story (each friend that submits a story counts as an extra entry).
- The prizes are as follows:
- Monthly prizes: 10 x R3,000.00 vouchers from either Woolworths or Takealot. Winners may only choose one of these retailers at which they may spend the full R3,000.00 (three thousand rand) voucher.
In addition, monthly winners will get to choose one registered NPO animal welfare organization from a supplied list,
to which Hill’s will donate R3,000.00 (three thousand rand) worth of Hill’s food on the winner’s behalf.
- Holiday Prize: This prize is a travel voucher from a registered travel agent to the value of R50,000.00
(fifty thousand rand). Any other related expenditures, over and above the travel voucher, will be for the prize winner’s account.
It is the responsibility of the prize winner to make all necessary travel arrangements with the travel agent and ensure they have a
valid passport, travel insurance, they obtain the necessary vaccinations and visas for their trip, if any.
In addition, the prize winner will be afforded the opportunity to choose one registered NPO animal welfare organization from an
approved list as supplied by Hill’s, to which Hill’s will donate R50,000.00 (fifty thousand rand) cash or R50,000.00
(fifty thousand rand) worth of Hill’s food on behalf of the prize winner. The nominated charity will be offered the choice
of either cash or a Hill’s food donation.
- Prize winners will be selected by Hill’s as follows, for the duration of the Competition Period:
- Monthly prizes: on the last working day of each month, Hill’s will randomly select 10 winners from the bank of entries at that date, under independent supervision. Participants cannot win more than one monthly prize but will still be eligible for the grand prize of a holiday destination. Should the bank of entries not have enough eligible entries, Hill’s will only select winners from the eligible entries and the balance of the prizes will become null and void.
- Holiday prize: on the 22 January 2018, 1 grand prize winner will be selected randomly by Hill’s, under independent supervision, from all entries submitted during the Competition Period.
- Winner notification and timings:
- The Monthly prize winners will be notified by a Hill's representative via email or phone within 10 working days from the date of draw. Winners will need to respond to Hill’s within 15 calendar days to claim their prize or forfeit this prize. If a prize is not claimed, Hill’s will draw a new prize winner. If the second winner does not claim their prize within the stipulated time, the prize becomes null and void. Should Hill’s be unable to contact the winner or should the winner be unable to accept the prize, Hill’s reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner, drawn in accordance with these terms and conditions. Please allow up to 20 (twenty) working days for delivery once the winners’ details have been confirmed.
- The Holiday prize winner will be notified by a Hill's representative via email or phone within 15 working days from the date of draw. Winners will need to respond to Hill’s within 15 calendar days to claim their prize or forfeit this prize. If a prize is not claimed, Hill’s will draw a new prize winner. If the second winner does not claim their prize within the stipulated time, the prize becomes null and void. Should Hill’s be unable to contact the winner or should the winner be unable to accept the prize, Hill’s reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner, drawn in accordance with these terms and conditions. Please allow up to 20 (twenty) working days for delivery once the winner’s details have been confirmed.
- All prizes are not transferrable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Hill’s reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason.
- In the event of a dispute, Hill’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any tax liability arising from this competition will be the responsibility of the relevant winners.
- Hill’s is entitled to institute any reasonable security measures to ensure that the rules are adhered to. Hill’s reserves the right to delete duplicate and fraudulent entries, as well as disqualify participants if we suspect any activity not deemed within the spirit of the Competition has taken place.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any factor(s) beyond the reasonable control of Hill’s , Hill’s reserves the right and the sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by the law to disqualify any entrant or winner and/or to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition as appropriate.
- Hill’s reserves the right to alter, cancel or delay this Competition without notice.
- Participants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these terms and conditions.
- Any person may obtain a copy of these Competition rules by contacting Hill’s on 0800 228783.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP - WIN A YEAR SUPPLY OF HILL'S
- This promotion will run from 1 June 2017 until 31 December 2017.
- The draw will take place on 1 September and 1 November 2017, respectively
- This promotion is open to residents of the Republic of South Africa and Namibia, who are over the age of 18 years old, excluding employees of Hill’s, its affiliates and any of the agencies or companies associated with this promotion, including their immediate families.
- It is not a requirement to purchase a Hill’s product to enter.
- Only one entry per person accepted.
- To enter this free prize draw, you must fill in and submit your registration online.
- Once registered, you will be entered into the next and any subsequent prize draw for 12 months. Each person will only be eligible to win one prize.
- Each draw will close at the end of the calendar month of August and October and a winner will be selected at random under independent supervision. Each time, two reserves will also be drawn. The winner will be notified by telephone, email or post within 7 days of each closing date. Winners will be informed of how they can redeem their free food by a representative of Hill’s upon notification of their win.
- The name and region of the prize winner will be available on written request to Hill’s. No other correspondence will be entered into concerning this promotion.
- Prize winners may choose either the Science Plan or the Ideal Balance range as set out in point 11 and 12 below.
- Science Plan prize: 12 x 2kg or 1.5kg bags of Hill’s Science Plan for winners with a cat, 12 x 3kg bags of Hill’s Science Plan for winners with a mini breed dog, 12 x 7.5kg bags of Hill’s Science Plan for winners with a medium breed dog, 12 x 15kg or 12kg bags of Hill’s Science Plan for winners with large breed dogs.
- Ideal Balance prize: 12 x 1.58kg or 2kg or 2.72kg of Hill’s Ideal Balance for winners with a cat. 12 x 1.81kg or 12 x 2kg bags of Hill’s Ideal Balance for winners with a small breed dog. 12 x 2kg or 5.67kg or 6.8kg bags of Hill’s Ideal Balance for winners with a medium breed dog. 12 x 12kg or 12.25kg or 13.6kg bags of Hill’s Ideal Balance bags for winners with a large breed dog.
- All prizes are not transferrable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Hill’s does not accept responsibility in respect of entries corrupted in transit. Proof of submission is not proof of entry.
- In the event of a dispute, Hill’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.